Saturday, May 2, 2009

BR:03 Green Island

I read the book titled "Green Island." Its illustration is very lovely, so I want to read it. There are some children and an old woman at this cover. Now, I am going to talk about this book.

The main character is not clear, but there are many children and some teachers. They are all class mates, and they go to Seabay House. When I was an elementary school student, I went to a house near maintain by school event as well as them, and that reminds me these days.

They go to for a walk, and eat supper together. On the second day, they do a beach study. And then, some children find a seagull which can't fly because it has oil in its feathers. And the children think they want help this seagull. The teacher and these children took the seagull to an old woman who looks after all kinds of animals. And there, she took off the seagull’s oil. She looks after one sea-otter, and she is going to let otter go to Green Island. The teacher and children go together. At the island, there are lots of sea-otters and sea birds. But they find a lot of drums full of toxic waste. It is occasion for animals’ injury and illness. Finally, they catch the people who carry these drums. After all, the children became hero at Green Island.

I like this story because it shows us the environmental disruption. It is a big problem in this world, and we have to think seriously this problem. When I watch this book, I think it's a child book. But it was a good book than I think.

[279 words]

No comments: